Sunday, June 9, 2013

Preparations


Hey Everyone, 

     Today is a mere 5 days from when I depart for Uganda! There are a lot of emotions that I am feeling right now including both apprehensiveness and enthusiasm. Fortunately, the Lord has also given me a wonderful sense of peace as I prepare to do His work during the next six weeks. 
      For those of you who do not know, I will be going to the Acheru Rehabilitation Center through Africa Inland Mission from June 14th to August 1st. While in Uganda, I will have the wonderful opportunity to be a part of the everyday activity of the rehabilitation center by working alongside staff members and long-term missionaries. Some of this will involve doing office work and file upkeep. I will also get to spend significant evening time with the children reading Bible stories and singing songs. Most importantly I’ll be representing Jesus in a tangible way to the children and families at the center. 
     Right now I'm praying that God gives me a sense of flexibility and openness as I prepare to depart. I want to make sure that I am doing HIS work, not pushing my own agenda. Please pray for me and the other members of the team in the next few days to prepare physically, spiritually, and emotionally for this experience. 


Matthew 28:16-20 
16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”


To Find out more about where I am going here is the site of the center: 

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Katie! The prayers of Grace Church, your family and friends are with you.

    ReplyDelete